Thursday, May 6, 2010

An Expired Card

Today Clark, Phil and I went to the bank to deposit some checks in Phil’s account. The ATM machine spit his card out immediately, informing us that it had expired. I, obviously, had not noticed. After a yummy lunch at Wendy’s we went home and called about getting a new card.

“Hello. I am calling for Phil about getting a new card. His old one expired.”

“I will need to talk to him.” I knew that, of course.

“Phil, the man needs to talk to you.”

“No. I don’t want to talk.”

“You have to if you want a new card. I will be here.”

“Hello?”

I could hear the man on the other end of the line informing Phil that he wanted to ask him a couple of questions.

“What is your birth date and your address?”

Phil shoves the phone back to me laughing and squirming.

I take the phone. “I guess those questions were too hard for him.”

“Okay, I’ll ask him something easier.” I hand the phone back to Phil who still does not want to talk..

“What is your mother’s maiden name?” That was an easier question??? I mouth my maiden name and Phil repeats it.

Phil hands the phone back to me as I hear the man say he has another question.

“Phil just handed me the phone again. I guess he is through.”

“That’s okay. We’ll send him a new card.”

No comments:

Post a Comment