Sunday, January 17, 2010

On the Spur of the Moment

I am random, much to my consternation at times. Paul, the concrete sequential, crossed over to my side the other day by suggesting, on the spur of the moment, that we go to a movie. So we did, the four of us, that very afternoon. We saw The Blind Side. We sat in a row—Paul, me, Clark, three empty seats and Phil. Paul had his popcorn, Clark and I shared a bucket and Phil enjoyed his bucket all by himself except for a few snatched handfuls by someone sitting next to me. Phil was the movie commentator. “That was nice.” “Don’t do that.” “That was funny.” “Uh oh, a little swearing.” and so on throughout most of the movie. Twice he was too loud and had to be shushed. His comments were funny and right on, so I enjoyed waiting to hear what he would say next. We left the theater feeling happy and optimistic. A comment made by one of the main characters that struck me is when a friend of Leigh Anne’s (played by Sandra Bullock) tells her how wonderful it is that she’s changing this boy’s life. Leigh Anne smiles and says, "No. He’s changing mine." We have two of those at our house who have changed our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment