Saturday, June 6, 2009

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies


Homemade chocolate chip cookies have always been a favorite at our house. We always double the recipe and then give most of them away. Many years ago I went into the kitchen to make cookies. Philip had already gotten out all the ingredients, not one more nor one less, and had them on the counter. Amazing! As I would finish with an ingredient he would put it away. From that day on he became my assistant. His favorite part is pouring in the chocolate chips and then giving the batch “a taste test” which usually requires a few samplings

One day while Paul and I were working upstairs “Phil, unbeknownst to us, was downstairs making chocolate chip cookies…I am sure it had all the right ingredients, but not the right proportions.” Ten dollars worth of ingredients went into the garbage disposal while I tried to explain to Phil why we couldn’t bake the cookies. I can’t remember but I imagine I let him give this batch “a taste test” so he would understand. He has not tried doing it again and is still my assistant. It is just not as much fun to make cookies by myself.

1 comment: