Saturday, April 4, 2009

When dreams don't come true


It’s a good thing all dreams don’t come true; I wouldn’t be raising two sons with fragile X if they did. Now, knowing what I do, some of my teenage dreams seem normal but very shallow. If I didn’t have Clark (the 38 year old) and Phil (the 32 year old) my journal wouldn’t include entries like this one when Phil turned 32 six months ago.


“Phil had a good 32nd birthday with tacos (his choice) and a heart cake with chocolate cake and white frosting and his name in M&M peanuts. Everyone (all six children, three spouses and four grandchildren) was here for the first time in a while. When it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" Phil told us to sing opera (the Happy Birthday song) and then he conducted--holding out some of the notes and having us sing louder. There was rambunctious, loud singing and laughter.”

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Matty (my fx'er) will be 13 next month. We plan to do a fiesta since he also loves tacos. :)

    ReplyDelete