Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Special Breakfast

I was up early for a Saturday morning and at my desk. Later in the morning I would be involved in a service project and I had some things I needed to accomplish before I left. I could smell something cooking downstairs. Hey, I thought I was the only one awake that early. I went downstairs to investigate. There was Clark decked out in his apron cooking Spam. The toaster was out and the eggs he was going to fry. His concept of time is a little weak. I told him it would be a while until everyone was awake and ready to eat breakfast. Besides Paul and I would want to take a long walk. So, the griddle was unplugged. Soon the house came to life and we took our walk. When we entered the house almost an hour later there was a slight burn smell in the air. Clark had recooked the Spam and fried up a carton of 18 eggs that could have passed for miniature Frisbees. We all praised him for making breakfast and sat down for a memorable breakfast. Not one unkind comment was made about the rubberized eggs or the Spam that required a steak knife. Clark sawing his Spam.

1 comment: