Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Beep, beep"

I came across a journal entry this morning from 1988.

Last night daughter #2 fell asleep before daughter #1. I went in to their bedroom to talk to daughter #1. Phil (who was 11 at the time) came in and stood by his sleeping sister. He looked down at her (he didn't know I was watching), smoothed her hair, pulled up her quilt and tucked it softly under her chin. He looked at her so sweetly and then bent down and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He then looked over at me and smiled angelically. Then he tweaked her nose softly, said "beep, beep" and went out of the room. I would love to have had a video camera. It was wonderfully perfect.
Here is Phil in 1988 (and his three older brothers) with his two sisters, one on each side of him.And here he is helping his sister get water.

1 comment: