Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cookie Baking Time

We had a ward picnic yesterday and I signed up to take chocolate chip cookies. I decided to make them on Saturday morning so they would be fresh when we took them to the picnic at noon. Phil got out all the ingredients as he always does (see June 4, 2009). I did the assembling except for the chocolate chips which Phil poured in while sampling. Then, of course, came more sampling (by more than one person I might add) before the dough was dropped onto cookie sheets and baked. A change has occurred in
cookie production. Clark has officially joined the team. After months of training he now does a very commendable job of getting the trays ready to put in the oven. I set the timer and am responsible for taking the cookies out of the oven. I can get easily sidetracked and cookies have been known to overstay their allotted time in the oven. Further training was required to help Clark and Phil feel some responsibility in telling me when the timer goes off when I have wandered upstairs and can’t hear it. All in all, I think we make a pretty good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment