Thursday, December 31, 2009

"I am handsome."

“I am handsome.” Clark was talking to himself as he walked toward his room about how he would look when we attended the farewell party. That was yesterday. Brett and family are moving to Australia next week for three years and so there was a party. Our entire family, along with 35 others, was there to eat lots of yummy food at an Italian restaurant and to visit. And Clark did look handsome in his nice pants, collared shirt and sweater. He sat across from me and I noticed so I told him. “Thank you Mom.” It was a good party as was evidenced by the joyful chatter even though we will all miss Brett and his family in different ways.

When Paul was up in the night with a headache (probably caused by all the fatty food) Clark was awake too. He joined Paul in the study from 5:00-7:00 a.m. He talked and talked and then fell asleep in a chair. This afternoon I was at the computer trying to get caught up on a few things. Clark came in talking and sat down right next to me. He talked at length about a motor home he wants to buy and what’s for dinner which made it hard for me to concentrate on what I was doing. I was not a very good conversationalist so talking was all one-sided with just a few comments from me. Pretty soon Clark was asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment