Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A review of almost two years

I was looking at the picture of me at the beginning of this blog with my two amazing sons who have Fragile X Syndrome.  It was taken a few years ago by the tulip fields in Mt. Vernon, a spectacular array of color.  Our family had gone up for the day, about an hour north of our home, to see the tulips in a variety of colors.  I noticed my hair which fell out two weeks after I started chemo in 2012.  It started growing a month after the chemo came to an end six months after the diagnosis of ovarian cancer.  Now my hair is short, curly and grey and is starting to thin.  I went almost a year cancer free but it has returned and I am in chemo again.  My energy level is low and thus my entries have been few but many wonderful memories have been made and so I want to share some pictures from the past almost two years. 
               
              (Here is Grandma and Grandpa a couple of months ago buried in our eight grandkids.)

1 comment:

  1. Pat, I don't know what kind of words I should say. I have been following your blog for a while now and I have always enjoyed it. I want you to know that I have prayed for you since your first diagnose. I pray that you will handle this treatment strong and that it will destroy the cancer cells. God bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete